On Friday, I opened my Arch Linux as usual. But it game me an error message:
EFI stub: ERROR: failed to read file
Here is my prosedure to repair the error:
- Attach USB disk with archiso (With zfs support intergrated) and boot archlinux.
- Import zpool and mount to
/mnt– Success. Check zfs status: OK. No problem with ZFS.
- Mount other partitions to
/mnt– Seems OK, no error reported.
- Look at
/mnt/boot– Nothing special. systemd-boot config file exsits and looks fine.
chroot into /mnt and try to rebuild initrd – Failed, read-only filesystem.12Question located: Errors at boot partition prevent the bootloader from reading the kernel and initrd.
umount /mnt/boot and run
fsck– Multiple errors detected and fixed.
- Re-mount boot partition and re-generate initrd – Success.
- Reboot – Successful boot into Arch Linux as usual. Problem fixed.
It took about 15 miniutes to fix (Fortuately I have the Recovery USB disk with me).